Saturday, March 12, 2011

Budget Update

Had a good week regarding the overall budget estimates.  I almost hate to say that for fear it will jinx us next week.  We came into the start of the week $5800 over budget.  What is bad about that is I have only been quoting things like the foundation walls, slab floors, digging and septic system which means I was barely out of the gate and I'm that far off.  I try to focus the most effort in order of construction tasks so I won't worry about things like kitchen cabinets or light fixtures for quite some time.

As time permits I have been sending out some requests for other smaller items like garage doors and gutters.  As more quotes came is last week the numbers improved so as of tonight we're only $700 over!  That is a $5000 gain last week.

With any luck I might here back next week on the (2) biggest budget items yet to be decided.  The lumber package and the labor cost to frame it up.  I'm hoping I feel this good next Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment