Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Rare Encounter

A Rare Encounter        

I’ve been involved in many construction and renovation projects through the years and let’s just say inspectors aren’t my favorite people to deal with.  Apple Canyon Lake has their own building inspector and early on I was having a lot of trouble getting replies to e-mails and answers to questions.  Then about a month or so into the project he either left or was let go?  About a month ago a new inspector (Brian) was hired. 

Brian took it upon himself to contact me to introduce himself and provide me his cell phone number if I needed to talk to him.  That alone is rare but yesterday I was SHOCKED, and thrilled, to receive the following e-mail:

Hi Mike:

Just thought I would let you know that they were pouring your basement and garage floor today.

I was there when concrete came off the truck.  I saw several poured in place footings in the floor.  They were very liberal and re-roded.  Thought I would let you know, I know sometimes people wonder if the poured footings ever go in, but I actually saw them for you.

Have a good day.

Brian

ACLPOA Building Inspector
815-492-0900 (Office)
815-297-2771 (Cell)

Coordinating a long distance construction project creates some challenges.  One is that things can happen that I don’t get a chance to see or verify.  Another is that I’m never sure if work is being performed when it is supposed to be.  Brian understands that and took it upon himself to let me know things were happening and that they were doing a good job.  That meant a lot to me and I immediately called him to let him know that.




1 comment: